Each Hosted Exchange mailbox has one primary email address. Additionally, a mailbox can be configured to have multiple email aliases.
For example, Charles owns a mailbox with firstname.lastname@example.org as his primary email address, and email@example.com as an alias.
- Charles can send and receive mail with firstname.lastname@example.org - his primary email address.
- Charles can receive mail addressed to email@example.com - his alias.
- Charles cannot send from firstname.lastname@example.org - his alias.
If Charles would like to send from email@example.com, then:
- firstname.lastname@example.org can be set up as a mailbox. Please refer to the article on Multiple "From" Email Addresses; or
- Add another account to Outlook and configure it to send mail only with a third party SMTP server.
To add another account in Outlook and set it to send mail only:
- Click "Account Settings".
- Select "New".
- Select "Manual setup or additional server types".
- Select "POP or IMAP".
- Next to "Email Address", type the alias. For "User Name" and "Password", type the OneNet credentials. Next to "Outgoing SMTP server (SMTP)", type the third party SMTP server.
- After the account is added, click on "Send and Receive" and select "Define Send/Receive Groups".
- Select "Edit".
- Select the alias account and un-tick "Receive mail items".